SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmccollum_gw

Lawn Boy 10324 Only One Self-Propel Wheel Turning

bmccollum
10 years ago

My Lawn Boy 10324 has a strange thing going on with the 2 rear self-propel wheels. Yesterday, I noticed that only the right rear wheel (if behind the mower looking at it) is driving the mower forward when I engage the self-propel mechanism.

The left rear wheel is pretty much just rolling and doesn't have any forward drive to it, so I'm just about down to a regular push mower since the right rear wheel driving the mower forward really isn't strong enough to pull it adequately in taller grass.

I've taken off the left rear wheel in question and the gears/etc. inside the wheel look perfectly fine.

Any thoughts here? There looks to be what's either referred to as a gear box or transmission box that's underneath the mower sort of in the middle area of the rear axle and it appears to come off via the removal of 4 screws. I haven't taken that off yet to look in it. Does it sound like something in that gear/transmission box has failed or broken or come loose?

Still weird though to me that the right rear wheel is pulling at 100% when you engage the self-propel mechanism. I figured either both wheels would work or neither would work, but not 1 wheel working and the other not working.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (4)