SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parafly9

Roundup not killing the grass?

16 years ago

I don't get it. I rounded up the front yard on Friday. I used the recommended amount - 2.5 oz / gal with the Ortho DialnSpray. Used the Roundup Super Concentrate. Only the part of my lawn along the driveway is sying. The rest of it looks normal still.

I rounded up the backyard on Saturday and we had rain about an hour later (should'a checked the forecast). The roundup says its good for 30 minutes and rain. I did the whole yard again yesterday just for good measure and this time I increased the Ortho DialnSpray to 4oz / gallon just to make sure.

Nothing is dying yet. The only place that even looks mildly stressed is the areas along the walkway and flower beds where I carefully sprayed to avoid killing any plants. Those areas where I probaly put more roundup are dying.

I definately checked the size - its supposed to be 2.5oz / gallon / 300 sq feet. Definately did it right.

Am I being impatient? Shouldn't I be seeing some results here after four days? It's odd that I only see it along the driveway on a 8' wide by 150' long stretch. The rest of it hasn't even dulled in color.

Comments (31)