SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adam34996

I cannot figure out my lawn

adam34996
9 years ago

Please help!

I do everything by the book with my lawn yet my grass in the front yard is browning and grass in the back it perfectly green. The front yard is full sun and back yard is part sun... not sure if that is the reason.

Quick lawn history...

I live near Cleveland - zone 6 where temps in the summer are between 77-89 with high humidity. My lawn company put down one fertilizer application in the spring and nothing else because I told them to hold off on crabgrass/weed stuff due to all the spring seeding I did.

I mulch mow clippings and leaves in the fall.
Mow on the highest setting and do it later in the day when its cool out.
Never cut more than 1/3rd of the blade.
Water deeply and infrequently.
Just had blades sharpened a month ago.
Aerate in the fall

As you can see from the pic the grass is green in the back yard and brown in the front except for small patches of green in places which I suspect is from my 20lb Boston Terrier peeing?

I ruled out dull blades because they have been sharp for a month... Now all I can think is the grass is going dormant during the heat (though I thought watering would stop that). OR I am in need of a feeding (but I thought summer feedings were a no no).

Please help me correct this because I have plenty of nice green lawns on my block.

Comments (14)