SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fusion916

Making lawn greener and thicker, growing new seeds, weeds, etc

Fusion916
10 years ago

Hi all

I'm new to lawn care as I just bought a house about a month ago, and I have been trying to revive this lawn into a nice, green, and thick lawn, as it was a precarious shape when I moved in.

I've been watering is every other day (im going to transition to 2 times a week), and put in two applications of fertilizer (2 weeks apart), and the lawn is looking MUCH better now, but still a long way to go before becoming really thick and really green.

My issues are both "brown/deadzones" that won't grow back. Random brown grass scattered throughout the lawn, and thin areas of the lawn. Here are some example pics (before I cut the grass):

{{gwi:109181}}

{{gwi:109182}}

{{gwi:109183}}

Some areas of the lawn that were completely dead (stayed completely brown no matter what) I dug up and replanted seeds a week ago. In the areas I planted seed, I have been watering every day, but the seeds won't plant and I don't see anything growing yet. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? Along with digging it up and putting dirt on top, I put some topsoil on too. Here are the pics of these areas:

{{gwi:109184}}

{{gwi:109185}}

{{gwi:109186}}

And then I have the random areas of brown spots that won't grow back:

{{gwi:109187}}

In addition, I have this weed that keep growing randomly in spots, what do I need to use to get rid of these?

{{gwi:109188}}

Here are some pics of the lawn after cutting, lining, and cleaning:

{{gwi:109189}}

{{gwi:109190}}

{{gwi:109192}}

{{gwi:109195}}

Any tips please to making this lawn nice, thick, and completely green? And help growing my seeds?

Comments (7)