SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessejamesrichard

My Lawn is Dying

jessejamesrichard
10 years ago

I need a little advice.

I recently bought a house and moved in. The house was brand new (6 - 8 weeks old) and the previous owner had laid sod before he decided to leave.

From what I understand from my new neighbours, the lawn was never properly maintained. I guess the guy was routinely trying to cut the grass with a weed eater. And by the end he just let it grow out. I'm not sure how the sod laying went.

This is my first real large lawn with issue. My previous house had very healthy grass.

Since I've moved in I've slowly reduce the height setting on my lawn mower to get the height under control (it was likely 6 inches high). I've laid Scott's lawn food as well and I've been spot treating the weeds (there aren't many of them) I was routinely watering about twice a week, about an inch of water, but the last week we were pretty rainy. Since I moved in we haven't had much in the way of sun.

I can't really tell if the lawn has gotten better or worse. You can see from the picture there are a lot of blasted out spots and then once very large square of dried/dead grass, with very little growth. The edged of that square are quite healthy, but the rest seems unrecoverable.

I've been at trying to make it healthy for about 2 weeks now and have seen very little progress.

I'd love some advice on how to get this lawn back to a healthy state.

Thank you!

I'm looking for a bit of advice on getting it back into good shape.

Comments (3)