SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aridecommando

Brown spots! Please help. Frustrated

Aridecommando
9 years ago

Hi guys,
New to the forum.

I have a yard that has been giving me issues for years.

First a little back history. When I purchased the house, I rototilled the front lawn, put down a layer of compost and planted grass seed. I can't tell you what type of seed other than I purchased a bag from home depot.

I use fertilizer at the first of all four seasons. (I don't feel like I go crazy with the amount). I water the yard for 30 min daily in the morning, mow the yard weekly.

I don't have pets that use the bathroom in my yard and I seldom see neighborhood pets on the street, let alone in my yard. (Can't say it's never happening, especially at night).

A month ago my yard looked like a golf course and now, you can see what is happening in the lower right corner.

This seems to happen several times per year in that same area. I will rake the dead grass out and apply some new soil. Plant new seed and put some peat moss on top. But man I would just love to have my yard be normal for once. I have so many neighbors that don't fertilize, hardly ever water and their yards look better than mine!

Any suggestions on what could be causing this issue?

Thanks so much.

Comments (5)