SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jay412

bluegrass vs. fescue

jay412
15 years ago

I saw this question but I am confused as it relates to my yard, so I submit my version.....I bought a new house and need a yard....the yard I am given is bluegrass but I can pay and "upgrade" to fescue....I live in Missouri where temps can reach the 100s and is humid....the front yard is in the sun in the afternoon to evening and the back yard gets the sun in the evening....i have 1 3 year old who loves playing outside in the grass and 1 small dog.....My lawn guy and relatives say you gotta go with fescue and that anything else isn't even worth it.....I will most likely have an irrigation system but have not fully committed myself to that, though my wife has.......I have been told, again, by my lawn guy that bluegrass is really bad basically, but it is about 1000 bucks cheaper and since i just moved into the house and have spent a bunch already, I am not ecstatic to spend more......I'm just nervous that if I stick with bluegrass, it is going to get diseased and die.....is bluegrass really all that bad???? and what are the main advantages and disadvantages to fescue over bluegrass?

thank you so much for all replies.

jay412

Comments (6)