SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bermuda32

bermuda and Ortho's Weed B Gone w/Crabgrass Control

bermuda32
13 years ago

Ok...

On April 1, I got bermuda sod installed throughout my entire yard. Since then I have watered it well and fertilized it twice. Everything was looking GREAT!

Last week, I noticed a TON of crabgrass was coming through so I started to pull out what I could with my hands. Needless to say, this was tedious and I stopped. I went to Lowes and looked through all of the chemical sprays to figure out the best way to get rid of the crabgrass. I bought Ortho's Weed B gone w/Crabgrass Control...the one with the manual pump. I cam home and spot sprayed every place that I saw crabgrass. In some areas they were really congested so I sprayed a good amount.

The next day, I noticed that my lawn was discolored where I sprayed. I figured this was ok since I did spray it. The day after that...the crabgrass and the grass where I sprayed was completely yellowish/brown. As of this morning, everywhere I sprayed is yellow. It looks like someone took yellow spray paint and used it on my nice bermuda lawn.

At this point, I dont know what to do. I have been watering it like crazy to bring it back, but it is still yellow.

What can I do to make these yellow spots go away?

Please help! I hope I didn't ruin the nice yard I paid a ton of money for.

Comments (10)