SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meleca_gw

POA Control Observation!

meleca
15 years ago

Does the following makes sense?

Last fall I reseeded a large area of my front yard after killing or thought I killed a large area of POA Grass. Furthermore, since reseeded......I did not do a pre Emergent treatment late summer early fall. Also, I believe my spring treatment was either to late or just ineffective.

My outcome so far is that I ended up with more POA Grass than I started with prior to the re seeding of KBG. This is making me feel very overwhelmed and frustrated.......Hopefully the tempatures will raise and the blue Grass will start growing faster and spreading......this is what everyone is saying anyway......I hope its true!

My last comment, I will not use Pre emergent with fertilizer anymore. I will keep fertilizer separate, perhaps this a contributing factor in the outbreak of POA.

I will continue to treat major areas with "Certainty" and spot pull POA clumps with the POA Hungry weed hound.

So what is the best brand of Pre emergent I can get with out fertilizer? I normaly use Lesco products but I'm not limited to them.

Anyone want to comment.......

OH, and one more thing

DEATH TO POA!

TO all you Mothers Younger, Older or to be........Have a great Mother's Day Tomorrow/Today!

Comments (4)