SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
duajones

Yellow areas/ St. Augustine

duajones
13 years ago

I had posted awhile back that my lawn really bounced back and was looking good after a cornmeal application in mid Feb, followed up with Fertilome Southwest Green Maker a couple weeks later. The grass still looks real good overall except I have some areas that are yellowing. Still green but lighter than other areas. I notice it the worst in an area under and around a chinese tallow tree, but it is in other areas as well. This seems to happen every year but usually after a heavy rain. I recently watered giving it around an inch and it responded well with some quick growth, causing me needing to mow again after only 4 days where it had been around 7 or 8 days.

Years ago, I tried an application of Milorganite after the local nursery told me it would green it right up. Didnt really notice that much of a difference. The past few years I just kept up with my normal Soybean meal applications and didnt notice much difference in the yellowing after those applications.

So, cornmeal applied at 20 lbs per 1000 in mid February.

Fertilome product applied at recommended rate March 15th.

Any suggestions as to what might take care of the yellowing areas? It looks pretty healthy otherwise but I would like it all nice and green of course.

Could I apply another light application of the Fertilome in those areas, sort of spot treat? Especially around the Tallow tree (thinking it might be taking some of the nutrients from the grass) Or would I be wasting my time? Rain is expected in the next couple of days and it usually worsens a bit after a good rain.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner