SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bwsnc

Got Soil Test, now what?

bwsnc
15 years ago

Ok, I am new to the forums and to soil tests. I moved to NC (Charlotte area) about 2 years ago and my lawn was in pretty bad shape. The drought last year didn't help either. Anyway, I cleared out some wooded area on my property last fall and planted grass and decided to have a soil test done. The results in this "new" area were shocking, especially considering grass grew fine there and is actually looking pretty good. Anyway, the PH came in at 4.6. The soil test came back and recommended 105lbs of lime per 1000 Sq ft. I just put down 50lbs/1000 sq ft. yesterday and I will put the rest down in 6 months. The fertilizer recommended 20 lbs per 1000 Sq. ft of 5-10-5. I know this may be a stupid question (remember I am new to this), but I don't put that down all at once, correct? I have about 13,000 Sq. ft of lawn area so that would be about 260 lbs. of ferilizer. How do you recommend I put this down? Should I put it down once a month throughout the growing season? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bryan

Comments (14)