SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laxratnd

Best seed for shade/sun and dog

laxratnd
15 years ago

Hello,

First time poster hear. I have a question. I have a back yard that is really shaded pretty well with two big trees that cover most of the yard. I also have a dog that like to run around the backyard also.

I was wondering what you all recommend for a type of seed for my situation. I would like something that will continue to grow and fill in bare spots as if the dog sometimes tears up some of the grass as he is running.

The root system of the two trees in my back yard is very extensive and goes through my whole yard so of course growing grass sometimes is not easy.

I plan on aerating the dirt, ferterlizing with organic and then seeding with some KBG Rough grass, (is this grass self spreading), I know the KBG is sell spreading but iam not sure about there rough grass.

Then putting a light layer of peat moss over it. I already have some existing grass around but i do have a lot of just dirt parts also.

Iam just running out of ideas on what to do. seems like my grass dosnt like me the last few years.

Comments (2)