SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeremy46er

Grub control

jeremy46er
15 years ago

We recently moved to a new home that has no lawn. The soil is sandy and all of the neighbors say there are grubs every year. My last lawn I took care of organically for 4 years with great success. I am afraid that this new lawn is too large to put on an organic program.

If I spread seed this week or next will I be able to treat for grubs in May/June? I am curious if the grub killer will have an effect on my seedlings. I realize fall is better to plant seed but I do not think I can look at a yard full of dirt and weeds all summer long.

What do the synthetic users recommend for Grub control. I have found Sevin that contains Carbaryl locally. I have been told by some local landscapers that they use Merit however anywher I find that on the web they do not ship to New York. I know that all the organic people outhere are going to say to use milky spores or benificial nematodes, I have used these in the past but I cannot risk loosing all of the money I put into the lawn if this does not work. I need a sure fire way to make sure the grubs are taken care of.

I am sorry to let all of the organic lawn growers down by going synthetic but financially we just cannot afford it.

Comment (1)