SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peavley

New house...new Lawn

peavley
14 years ago

Hello everyone, It has been a while since posting on here. I have just recently moved to a new home and it has a much bigger and more beautifull yard to keep up with. I had a few questions I was hoping yall could help me out on. The yard is perfectly kept, and I want to keep it up like this. There is a ton of monkey grass...when we were looking at the house in Feb. we visited the house once and the monkey grass looked normal as if it were coming out of winter. It had slightly long blades and looked dead from winter. A seek or so later we went back and it was scalped down to about an inck or so...and there were no signs of clippings. I do not know abouyt yall, but when I typically trim my beds I always end up with clipping in the beds. How did this guy trim all of this monkey grass and not have any trimmings left over, I am thinking he used a blower possibly. Also the property has tons of flower beds and tons of trees, I guess oak and pine mostly. All of his leaves are in the beds and around the trees. The leaves are not chopped too small as if they were run through the mower and moved to beds. I doubt he raked all 2.5 acres, but there was no sign of leaves in the yard, they were all in the beds and aroung the trees. Do you think he bagged everyt time he cut and put the grass clippings in the beds? Or just once a year int th fall to collect the leaves?

How often are you supposed to trim monkey grass?

Thank yall for any advice.

Steve

Comment (1)