SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iconoclasthero

Zoysia grass

iconoclasthero
15 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with zoysia grass in northern Delaware/Maryland or SW NJ. I am very close to the Delaware river in the extreme NE of DE. My lawn was poorly maintained when I bought the house and although I have worked on it since I moved in, I really don't have the drive to do a whole lot with it. I heard about zoysia grass and would like to know if anyone in the area has any ideas or tips. I read what the UD extension said about grass choices... Since we're in a ="transition zone," it wasn't terribly helpful. Honestly, if I don't have to do much with it (e.g. watering, fertilizing, mowing), I really don't care if it is less than attractive over the winter...it isn't that attractive now anyway. I would really like to see a picture of what a dormant zoysia grass lawn looks like. I haven't been able to find much as I guess people aren't very proud of them so don't post pictures.

I would like to continue to use my rotary mulching mower and I don't really thing encroachment is going to be much of an issue. I have a hard border on 3 sides of my property and a row of hedges/bushes on the 4th.

Thanks

Comments (16)