SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bus_driver

My lawn

bus_driver
16 years ago

Extreme drought was brutal to my lawn last year. Due to other interests, the time, effort, and money spent on my lawn is rather limited. I live in a very rural area adjacent to a lightly-traveled paved public road. About 0.3 miles away, a Mexican is buying on lease-purchase a 9 acre tract. Cleared and pastured most of it with at least 3 horses there. Must be at least 20 people living there. Ride their horses along this road. They galloped through my lawn about two years ago the day after a rain, leaving huge divots and deep hoof prints. Continue to do so. Some don't speak English and the one that does just smart-mouths. I have told them to just ride on the actual roadway along the area that I mow. I do not need the work to repair they mess they leave, not to mention the problems for my mower. Requests to the riders are not working, law enforcement is no help. Just two deputies patrolling 466 square miles. The whole story is much longer, more about that later, perhaps. Have any of you experienced vandalism to your lawn? How did you deal with it?

Comments (11)