SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbsj

Plants confused with weather - more okra, asparagus, zukes, cukes

greenthumbsj
14 years ago

I was ready to pull all of them out few weeks ago and plant fall garden but we had rain in September which is unheard of in north California and its been relatively warm with more rain. Today, I noticed there are 7 cukes that are all about 2 inches long. In one vine, there is almost no leaf left but 3 cukes, another vine that was almost dead came back to life with new vines and now has 3 cukes.. most of these cukes are curved but I heard that does not affect the taste. My powdery-mildew laden zucchini are showing dark green leaves without a blemish... they are cured !! I wanted to plant some lettuce where my asparaguses are since its in a bit shade area but then I noticed 3 of them have new sprouts.

The next two weeks will be in the 70s but it looks like I won't be able to start my fall garden until November. I am trying to squeeze in some fall plants without removing the old ones. Appreciate any advice if its worth waiting for the new round of last crops or should I bite the bullet and start fall garden by pulling these out.

thanks in advance.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner