SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bridget_ks

Am I Killing My Dracaena?

bridget-ks
16 years ago

I have a Dracaena Reflexa (Song of India) bought from Home Depot about six weeks ago. I know that it is normal for leaves to drop from this plant, but I am not sure if the rate I am seeing is okay or indicates a possible problem.

A few days ago, I removed all the dead/dying leaves and snipped the ends of a few that had brown tips. Today, there are at least another dozen on the downslide. The leaves in question turn yellow then dry up and fall off or are easily pulled off. They are not all at the bottom of the plant, but are in the lower half. The plant is growing taller and has healthy new growth at the top. I also sometimes see brown spots on otherwise healthy leaves.

I water thoroughly when the top inch of soil is dry - about every two weeks. The plant is in the corner next to a north facing window where it is receiving what I think would be considered indirect low light. From what I have read online, these conditions should be fine.

I am afraid to make any changes, as I am generally not successful with houseplants. Any advice?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH