SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glenn_russell_gw

Immunox for Cedar Apple Rust?

glenn_russell
15 years ago

As some of you may have seen in my other posts, IÂm annoyed with Bonide for saying their general "fruit tree spray" helps control Cedar Apple Rust, when their main ingredients: Captan & Sevin do not. No wonder IÂve had big CAR problems.

IÂve spent some time calling Orchard Supply chemical companies looking for Ferbam, but no luck yet. What appeals to me about the Ferbam is that, from what IÂve read here, IÂd only need 2 sprays of it, early in the season to control my CAR.

Although IÂve searched online, I have not yet found an answer to my question: If I try Immunox next year, how many sprays am I likely going to need to do? Would it just be 2 sprays: 1 at pre-bloom, 1 at pedal fall like the Ferbam? Or is it like the Bonide that I need to spray every 7-10 days? IÂm hoping that I could just do a couple early sprays (dormant oil, dormant copper to help with CAR, 2 Immunox) and then not have to do much spraying for the rest of the season unless a new insect or disease problem occurs (I will probably also bag some of my apples still experimenting) In the past, IÂve had problems with CAR, scab, fire blight, and flyspeck & sooty blotch. Also, a couple of aphids and Japanese beetles.

So, how many Immunox spray do you guys have to do? Does my plan for next year sound reasonable?

Thanks,

-Glenn

Comments (26)