SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sdebaca

HELP! My Peace Lilly is hurting

sdebaca
16 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I really just found this place in search of help with my peace lily.

My pastor's wife got this peace lily as a gift but had a terrible time remembering to water it so she gave it to me. It was wilted so I gave it some water and it perked up but the next day it was wilted again. The soil was a little dry so since I was feeding my other plants, I decided to give it some miracle gro food, too. Well that all but keeled it right over. The poor thing wilted so I thought, maybe I waited a few days and it still didn't get any better so I kept it inside and a few days later repotted it thinking it was just too big for the little 6" pot it was in. Over the next couple of weeks, it has not recovered at all. Matter of fact, even the new growth that is coming up, seems to be wilted as it comes up. All the leaves are wilted and one by one are turning yellow. The roots looked great when I repotted it so I know it doesn't have root rot. But I also noticed that the soil isn't getting dry at all. It's still moist to the touch and I haven't watered it in almost a week.

HELP!

Comments (4)