SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thecityman2

please...help a beginner w/fruit trees

thecityman2
11 years ago

Hi folks! It is very clear to me in reading through the forum posts that most of you are true experts on the subject of fruit trees. I, on the other hand, am NOT! I just bought a new farm and I rushed out and planted 15 fruite trees (3 ea of peach, cherry, fig, pear, plumb). There were already 6 trees (1 peach, 2 pear, 2 apple, 1 unknown) I think I did enough research that I did plant proper pollinators for each other. Enough background....here is what I'm looking for.....

Is there any kind of GENERAL insect spray that I can use on all my trees? I'm sure each tree has certain sprays that would be better for it, but I just can't afford to buy 6 different types of spray. My cherry trees (sweet and tart) are being eaten alive, though I never can see the bug eating them...just tiny little poops (i think). Also, the existing peach tree is full of peaches, but they are falling off and when I cut the small (golf-ball size) peaches open, the pits have something that looks like a small magot in them. All the new trees that I put out are very small (like 2-3 feet). I bought some kind of stuff that was suppossed to help with bugs but got home and realized it wasn't a spray but was to be poured into the roots (on the ground). I mixed it as directed and for $20 I got enough to do about 3-4 trees!!! WOW. Any other tips I could do for my new trees would be greatly appreciated. Also, I live in a rural area with no specialty suppliers/nurseries so please try to recommend something I can buy at lowes or walmart. Thanks everyone.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!