SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rastoma

new fruit tree owner - please help

rastoma
14 years ago

We recently bought a home that has some fruit trees. I don't know the first thing in taking care of them a couple of them look in bad shape.

I do know the trees are approx 20 years old. There are two apple, one plum, one peach and one pear. I don't know specific types.

I don't know where to begin. I took some pics and maybe those knowledgeable can offer some advice?

Here is the plum tree. Some of the plums are already dried as soon as they started growing. We've had a lot of rain in our area too.

{{gwi:107523}}
{{gwi:107525}}
{{gwi:107526}}

Here is the apple tree. The rotten part shown in the pic is really soft pretty deep in that cavity and just below the bark. Is it a goner? Also is the grey 'scales' normal?

{{gwi:107527}}
{{gwi:107528}}
{{gwi:107529}}

Here is the peach tree. I don't see anything out of the ordinary on it (but again first time I've lived somewhere that had any kind of fruit tree). I was told that it produced quite a few peaches last year and were really tasty:

{{gwi:107530}}

Here is the pear tree. There was ONE pear left on the tree when we moved here and it was a nice large juicy pear that was delicious:

{{gwi:107531}}

Thanks in advance for any insight any can offer.

Comments (5)