SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterfly_nichole

New member, a little background, and some pictures

butterfly_nichole
15 years ago

Hello everyone! I have found wonderful information on this site for about a year now, but just today became a member.

I had a plant or two over the past 10 years but wasn't very good at making them happy. I currently live in Wisonsin, in a townhouse with no yard, so I am limited to plants I can grow indoors. Last year I made it my goal to do more research and purchased 7 plants. I wish I still had pictures of them, but had an English ivy, what I think was an aloe plant, jade plant, a corn plant, Ficus Elastica, a prayer plant, and a sansiveria. Today I still have four of those plants, and just recently I went out with my daughter and we purchased a croton, a new corn plant, a new jade plant, and three plants that I have no idea what they are. Here are pictures of my current plants, and I apologize if I am giving them the wrong names :(

I think this one is some kind of aloe, and it is one I have had for a little over a year. There used to be four stalks.

{{gwi:80592}}

Here is my replacement jade plant. About 5 years ago I had one that was quite large, but it got some kind of bug and I at that time didn't know how to get rid of the bug.

{{gwi:80593}}

My ficus elastica, I've had this one for a year as well. The leaves aren't the burgandy they were before, but from reading on here I now know it needs more light. I am so excited to see this plant continue to grow because I love the way they look.

{{gwi:80594}}

This is the prayer plant that I have had for a year. It had grown tremendously from the four leaves it was when I purchased it! It even grew a few tiny purple flowers right before winter.

{{gwi:80595}}

Some type of sansiveria, I think. Supposedly this plant can not be killed, but in the year that I have had it one stalk did die, but a new one grew as well.

{{gwi:80596}}

This is my replacement corn plant.

{{gwi:80597}}

This is one of the new plants I purchased, I believe it is an umbrella tree. My mom has one that is over 8 feet tall, thank god she has vaulted ceilings!

{{gwi:80599}}

Here is the croton I purchased, I am amazed at how pretty crotons are.

{{gwi:80600}}

{{gwi:80601}}

I have no idea what the next three plants are. They were not marked, they were less than three dollars each, and I am hoping I can make them thrive.

{{gwi:80602}}

{{gwi:80604}}

{{gwi:80605}}

{{gwi:80606}}

So, there's a little about my plants. I am very excited to learn more and see more of the plants that you all have. The post about it being winter had so many beautiful plants in it! Thank you for looking at my post.

Comments (16)