SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenhousekendra

Update to 72 apple trees

greenhousekendra
14 years ago

Since my last posting I've learned so much about apple trees. Thank you all for all the advice!

Kansasapple and family - were so incredibly kind and generous and invited us to their home. My family and I visited their gorgeous orchard http://www.wagonwheelorchard.com/ and learned so much! They were so kind to show us all their apple trees and tell us about so much more than just what to do. We got the see all kinds of apple varieties and he showed us how to prune, plant etc. There is no better way to learn to to actually see! There is no way we would have learned it all from just reading books. We plan on visiting again later this Spring once they are open. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

These are pictures of the trees in Early April, Mid April and in bloom. What a wonderful surprise to see all the blooming trees, and they smell so good. We were to late to spray the dormant oil this year. But we are now on schedule to spray Serenade. We've also seeded around the trees with clover. Now I'm planning on learning about bagging. Any new advice is always welcome!

Early April:

{{gwi:84770}}

Mid April:

{{gwi:84771}}

Bloom;

{{gwi:84773}}

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida