SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

tiny tiny bit disappointed with Raintree order

lycheeluva
15 years ago

I had been excitedly awaiting my 4 in 1 combo cherry trees that i ordered from raintree a few months back. I ordered 2 of them but I was a little disappinted when they arrived.

The catalogue lists several sweet varieties from which 4 would be chosen, but both trees had a sour cherry (monterency)as one of the vrarieties grafted on to the tree. I dont like sour cherries, so that kinda sucks. Also, half of the sweet cherry grafts on the trees were different than the varieties listed in the catalogue. My final gripe was that one of the grafts was either broken on arrival or broke as I tired to plant the tree. It was a pretty flimsy graft either way. So on the tree with the broken graft, I now only have 2 working grafts (as opposed to the 4 I should have)as I cut off the sour cherry graft.

There were a ton of positives aspects to the order though.

1. One of the trees actually had 5 varieties, so even after I removed the sour cherry, i was still left with 4.

2. I proposed to Raintree that they give me a small credit to compensate me for receiving sour cherry grafts, and they readily agreed.

3. Among the numerous trees I had ordered over the last few years from raintree was a nectarine tree (2 years ago) and a pommegranate (last year) that never made it. I let raintree know and they instantly agreed to send me replacements, which arrived as really large healthy looking specimens which I am sure will do great.

All in all, very happy, just a shame, they are not a little more careful about grafting the varities they advertise on to their combo trees.

Happiness score- 9/10.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths