SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylvan_gw

Peace Lily -Black Leaves

sylvan
17 years ago

This is a repost from 2005! I've reviewed every thread I could find on this subject and am not much wiser. The specific question of Peace Lily leaves turning black hasn't been directly addressed -- I would like to know what it is (different from yellowing leaves or brown tips) and what can be done for it. The same little plant is limping along, while its neighbors are thriving.

Original post:

Here's another Peace Lily problem....As context, I have a small one at home where I break all the rules and it has flourished for years (potbound, overwatered, underwatered, drafts, erratic light, you name it), and I have a larger one at work that just keeps on being happy.

I have a small one at work, in the same conditions as the happy one, which keeps getting black areas spreading in from the edges of some of the leaves. I snap the offending leaves off at the base. New growth keeps coming, some develop the black areas and some don't.

I recently re-potted it, same pot but fresh potting soil (MiracleGro). It didn't seem to notice the repotting at all but continues to put out new leaves, some healthy and some sick.

I haven't been able to find a picture or description of the black leaf ailment. Any clues? Thanks a bunch.

Comments (26)