SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southerngardengal

Journal December 18th-24th

southerngardengal
18 years ago

Not too much working outside is happening here on our place as it is pretty cold out. The fish pond was frozen this morning. So were some of the water hydrants to the outbuildings. This is the first time for the pond and hydrants to freeze this year. We have snow forecast for Central Mississippi tonight but it has been sunny all day today so it doesn't look like we will be getting any snow. Also, the temps are supposed to come back up to where it is in the 60s on Christmas Eve.

I have a rabbit ready to kindle tomorrow. I hope the temps are such so that they babies don't freeze. We haven't had any young ones in a while.

We are just about prepared for all the eating and visiting for the Christmas Holiday. The little girl that I keep and I made candy today. We are planning to bake cookies tomorrow. She is so funny. She will not eat any kind of candy especially homemade candy but she loves to help make it. Also, she will eat store bought cookies and won't touch homebaked cookies. Quite a little rascal she is. LOL

After the first of the year we are hoping to get a couple of goats and try getting started with milk goats again. Also, get started with our meat rabbit breeding. That will keep me pretty busy when they start kindling. We will have around ten does kindling pretty close together.

From our home to your's, we wish you all a Merry Christmas, Happy healthy New Year and Happy Holidays.

Jan

Comments (2)