SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anney_gw

What's a good summer gardening shoe?

anney
14 years ago

Do you garden barefoot or in shoes?

I've been trying to find a shoe online that would work in the garden. Right now I'm using my fabric bedroom slippers with memory foam, which are very comfortable, but they're getting dirty and must be washed and dried cold! I think it's time I bit the bullet. None of my other shoes will work, at least that are washable and comfortable. I know I don't want flip-flops or shoes with holes in them -- this is fire ant country! There's also the dirt and small pebbles.

I found this one, The Daily Garden Muck Shoe that gets high marks on some sites. Apparently it is lined with foam that alleviates some of the non-breathability of rubber. Ventilation for rubber gardening shoes seems to be a problem that nobody has solved yet.

A short boot would also be fine, since you could stuff your pants into the top. Fire ants again. Not essential, since I've discovered that fire ants will avoid me if I rub my feet and ankles with a bit of orange oil diluted with water. A boot would also prevent top-of-the-foot scratches. But I haven't found a gardening boot that I think would be comfortable either.

What works for you?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting