SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kms4me

Story ideas--what do you think?

kms4me
15 years ago

This is in reference to my previous contest idea. I decided (1) to keep it simple but wide encompassing:

Tell us a funny story somehow related to gardening or anything outdoors in the months of November, December, or January. I know many of you have dormant gardens now, so it can relate to such things as chasing out critters, falling into the water garden when you thought the ice was frozen, falling on your butt in front of the mailman, getting frost bite on your ears putting up holiday lights (ok, the last four are up close and personal to me), feeding birds, new pets/childrens experiencing the winter weather, turkeys flying through windows, aliens landing on your balcony...Pretty much anything that occurs outdoors in the cold winter months (if you live in warmer climates, I will envy you but not hold it against you). Remember, we all need a good laugh, so please relate something FUNNY.

BUT.... PLEASE, NO PICTURES. If you post pictures, you will be eliminated from the competition. If you want to know why, email me directly.

OK, on to the judging. I posted here because I want Sue(Chemocurl) to help if she is willing to take on yet another task, other judges wanted, I am thinking a total of six, me included-- of course, you will not be eligible to compete if you agree to judge, and I am sure I can count on you for complete impartiality. I am still fleshing things out, including the prize, how stories will be judged, etc.

It's after 1 a.m. here, sorry if I am slightly incoherent, I think faster than I type.

Kate

Comments (17)

Sponsored