SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
felin_gw

Brown Spots, Yellow Spots. HELP! S.O.S.!!

felin
13 years ago

Trying again here. We just planted our 2nd ever summer garden 1 1/2 weeks ago and started having issues almost immediately. Plants all looked perfect when first getting them into the ground. We don�t know what is causing the spots and browning of leaves on many of the veggies we just planted and are hoping that if we provide pics, some or one of you might know what is causing the problems so that we can know what to do to remedy before any further damage takes place.

One thing that I will mention is that when we opened the trunk upon getting home from nursery with these vegetable plants, we had a small cloud of white flies emerge. Eek! Don�t know if they might be some of what is going on or if it is disease?? We are newbies so we�re pretty clueless.

About our soil; 1 year ago, we tilled in 1-yr old dairy cow manure and organic phosphate. We tilled nothing in this year as we thought what was left from last year would hopefully still be in soil. Is that a good or bad assumption? We are in Central California and had a heavy rain season. Could that have washed all goodness out of our soil?

Anyhow, we are pretty desperate for help.

I do have a soil test kit that I can use if that would be helpful.

Thanks so much in advance!

Here are the pics (PLEASE see my notes under ea. group of pics):

{{gwi:41382}}

This is actually an artichoke plant from our winter garden. It is bad looking, but the one next to it in same row seems to look fine. They've never produced anything as of yet.

{{gwi:41383}}

Healthy seeming artichoke plant

{{gwi:41384}}

okra plant with brown spots beginning

{{gwi:41385}}

{{gwi:41386}}

Both Black Beauty Eggplants. Should we just pull them up??

{{gwi:41387}}

{{gwi:41388}}

{{gwi:41389}}

All 3 are tomato plants. Never saw this last yr, although in diff part of yard.

{{gwi:41390}}

Basil :(

{{gwi:41391}}

{{gwi:41392}}

Both Watermelon. Notice spots and leaf edges.

HELP!

Comments (7)