SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
particentral

I am finding animosity in regards to container gardening

particentral
13 years ago

and I was wondering WHY it is that people say you cannot grow certain plants, like roses, in containers? I really don't understand why I catch such flack for the fact that I have over 40 roses in pots, and they are doing ten times better then the ones I have in the ground. Faster growing, healthier foliage, more flowers. I think its because I can control the soil and their nutrients and water intake so well to each plants needs versus plants in the ground. I can cater to each plants specific likes and dislikes this way. I have some roses that are 4-5 foot tall and 3-4 foot wide growing in planters about 4-5 gallon sized. I have no problems, but other forum member say things like "no rose in a pot is going to do as well as one in the ground" quite often. My flowers are doing really well in my eyes....

This is from last fall

{{gwi:40972}}

and this is now

{{gwi:40973}}

I had to make 3 rows instead of one and really need to spread them out more....I guess I am just trying to figure out WHY thse who do things differently than me think their way is better and am looking for some encouragement. LOL

I have learned a lot about soil, water and fertilizer from this forum...thanks for all your insight!

Comments (24)