SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karen_maraj

steps outside patio doors (small backyard)

Karen
18 years ago

We have a small backyard, just about 35' deep by 40' wide. Our patio doors are 4 steps above the ground.

We want to build a patio at ground level (the houses are close together, not much privacy so don't want to build a deck at door level). I've seen photos of steps right outside the patio doors but I'm wondering if that's ok to do.

I don't want to waste space by having a small non-useable landing at the top of the steps, then the steps. It really juts out and makes our small yard look much smaller. I want to put the steps right outside the doors, straight to the ground with planters on either side. And then our patio on the ground.

So, do I need the landing or can I just do steps? H

ere are some photos of patio doors with steps, and also of our backyard showing the builder small deck that will be torn down.

I'd really appreciate any photos you have showing steps outside your patio doors. thanks much.

Patio picture I found with steps and a planter on either side that i really like:

{{gwi:18882}}

another beautiful patio with just steps outside patio doors:

{{gwi:18883}}

another:

{{gwi:18884}}

My backyard. This small 8x5 deck will be removed. I want to put just steps outside the door with no landing.

{{gwi:18885}}

Comments (5)