SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurell_gw

Look at my exciting container garden!

laurell
15 years ago

I'm setting up my first raised beds for veggies, and I'm pumped about them. I just had soil delivered to fill them 1.5 weeks ago, and got the first trellis finished this morning.

The beds are made of untreated 4ft and 10 ft 4x12"s that I stained. They're bolted together with 8" lag screws that are sunk in. The trellises are just pressure treated 2x4"s that are bolted to the beds with 3" lag bolts, with eye hooks and twine making up the lattice portion. I'm planting my cool-weather crops tomorrow, but waiting until June to put in the more temperature-sensitive things like tomatoes due to our very cool spring this year.

{{gwi:22909}}

{{gwi:22910}}

{{gwi:22911}}

{{gwi:22912}}

And here's my herb garden, on my back deck in pots. Some things are recently started seeds, that's why the pots look empty.

{{gwi:22913}}

And my strawberry bed. I just got the plants from my dad, they're not looking too hot, but have just been split from his plants, so hopefully they'll take off, and I'll get a ton of berries next year.

{{gwi:22914}}

Any comments/suggestions other than the strawberries are going to take over the bed and it's way too small for them?

Comments (5)