SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misterpatrick

Thoughts on my garden layout

misterpatrick
12 years ago

Hello all,

I've expanded my garden this year to 24' x 24'. I'm using mounded beds with straw paths running between the rows. The rows were tilled and mulched last fall and the garlic is already in the ground. Right now everything is covered with a layer of oak mulch and a top layer of straw.

As you can see from my layout, I don't grow a wide variety of stuff, but focus on things that we like to eat and give to people. So yes, there are 32 varieties of tomatoes, a bunch of chilies and eggplant. So lots of fun things.

I am trying to figure out the best way to get everything in there. There will be succession planting especially on the right-hand side where the trellises will be set up with peas, beans and greens.

You'll see that I have a ton of garlic, nasturtium, basil and marigold. I use this as a combination critter deterrent, disease control, weed suppression and tasty foodstuff. Well, except for the marigolds which are strictly for the bunnies.

Is there anything here that doesn't look like it will work well? The circles on the right are my idea of doing potatoes and beets in apple baskets etc that will be sitting on the paths and can be moved around.

{{gwi:18859}}

Comments (13)