SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chemocurl

April 7&8 2007 Annual Leota (Southern Indiana) Daffodil Show

Opps, I posted this on my local forum (Ohio Valley) but forgot about posting it here.

So anyway the annual local (to me) Daffodil Show is this weekend.

Leota Indiana is up Interstate 65 from Louisville (exit #29) 29 miles. After getting off the Interstate it is about a 10 minutes drive to Leota, a little crossroads of a community.

The show will be held at the Leota Barn. View the flowers from exhibitors for several states. Show hours are 2:00 to 10;00 on April 7 and 8;00 AM to 10 PM on April 8. The nearby Leota Gardens will be open for viewing. For more information call 812-752-2998.

The Leota Gardens is actually the residence of the hostess Helen Trueblood. When I talked to her a couple of years ago, she was growing over 1500 different varieties.

The above info was in my REMC newsletter. For anyone who really enjoys daffs, this is the place to see a lot of varieties, up close and personal.

For years I had seen, admired, and enjoyed the fragrance of a daffodil named Fragrant Rose, which truly smells like a real rose. I finally added it to my collection late last fall.

Others that stood out for me were the many pink (and white) varieties. I have seen it said that there are no true 'pink' daffs, but there are always many very pretty ones that looked pretty pink to me.

Sue

Comment (1)