SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_620554822

Remodel using remote professionals

Dennis Fontes
last year

We purchased an older dated design home in beautiful Sedona, AZ. The plan was to open up the main living area, new kitchen, upgrade fireplace and create a timeless transitional warm feel with a professional design. After interviewing a few general contractors we decided to hire Jim Brophy, owner and General Contractor for October 5 fine home builders. His office is located in Long Beach, CA about 7 hours drive from our home. This is where remote technology has proven it can be done. He hired a digital home measuring company that produced CAD format measurements and we "zoomed" our way with October 5 into our final project for bid. The cabinets are from Crystal Cabinets where Mr. Brophy is one of Chrystal 's most experienced and creative approved design contractors. The entire floor plan changes, kitchen order, build details were all digitally produced for our use. The plans were then out to bid in our local area where we found Dez- Dal Inc Construction to be our on site general contractor, project manager and installer. The two contractors zoomed through the details and demo was on its way while the cabinets were on order. In this day and tech age, designing remote offers a great solution with precise details. The project only took 90 days to complete and move back in. The concept was to consider the open space connecting the living room, entertainment area and kitchen. October 5 created a style in the kitchen that complements the living area with many design features.
The goal from the design was when you enter the home it gives you a welcoming sense that says," there is something about this that feels so right and it's beutiful". My wife described it best, " I love my new furniture, I mean my cabinets".
With naturall 3cm quartzite, connecting design elements and detailed finishes by the Dez-dal Inc team, we had our expectations exceeded. Thank you October 5 and Dez-Dal!!!

Comments (11)