SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
commonkadupul

Advice on kitchen window size & placement, cabinets

Krista S.
5 years ago

Help!! My CAD guy wants to know exactly where the kitchen sink is going!!

We are putting on an addition that will contain a kitchen and dining nook. We need to figure out window size and placement, upper cabinets? and sink placement.

The photo is my scale drawing of wall that includes the kitchen and dining area. The kitchen takes up about the left 2/3 of the wall and on to the right is a banquette with a round table. The three square transom windows match the opposite end of the great room, so we're trying to keep those consistent, the problem is they don't line up nicely with the end of the counter run (orange in the photo).

The designer suggests moving the end of the counter run to the right to line up with the outside of the outer window, but this pinches access for sitting down on the bench to scooch around the table.

We also don't want to move the end of the counter to the left because currently it ends at the same point as an island (second photo).

Anyone out there gifted in window and kitchen design? I was hoping to have some upper cabinets at the right end of the counter run for glassware, but we also like the 'no upper cabinets' look and the views out the windows on this wall are private and very green, so definitely worth maximizing.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated!

Comments (5)