SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dianna912

Need help with Carport Design

Dianna
6 years ago

Help! Is there any app that could help me with "visualizing" our carport design? I would just really love to be able to see what it would look like before proceeding.

We are wanting to do a breezeway similar to this, just connecting to a reverse gable, A-frame carport. (our little breezeway would only be 2 feet wide, though, due to easement requirements.) We've been trying to decide on what pitch we should go with. We are thinking either a 10 or 12 pitch.

Our contractor was a little perplexed on how to deal with the gutter, so I suggested we do something similar to this picture below, just with a higher pitch, and have the gutter run across the front. It wouldn't be all that different from our front porch. So basically, the carport would be similar to the front porch, just with an A-frame sat on top. (Does that make sense to anyone but me?) We are looking at the same columns as our front porch, too, in a nine foot. It would be two feet lower than the roofline of the house.

Oh, and the back half of the breezeway would actually extend over and give us a covering over the back steps (You can see the ugly wooden rail and the very top of the basement door in the below pic. That area gets water in the basement right now, so a small roof over it is essential.

If somebody out there can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome. I'd love to be able to see something on our actual pictures. I would also be more than willing to hire someone to draw/design it, I just don't know who to use. My husband's friend works with cad, but he indicated it's more of a blueprint.

Comments (2)