SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phyllis_philodendron

? about misdelivered mail

I'm on the verge of insanity here!

The post office in our small Barney Fife town likes to deliver mail to us all over the place. Since we live on campus but have our own, personal mailbox, sometimes our mail gets delivered to the right place, sometimes it gets sent to the school (even though our home address is on the package). I find this frustrating, because for privacy reasons I want certain things delivered to my house. That, and because sometimes it might sit there for a few days before anyone says anything or the school box is checked. If you're impatiently waiting for something, you realize it's been sitting there all along and it can really tick you off!

The other day I ordered something from Amazon that came USPS and purposely put my maiden name on there to get them to look at the label better. Nope, they still delivered it to the school. UPS never delivers to my house even tho the label says my address, which is also annoying - I don't care if they're conserving fuel or are too lazy; I want it delivered to the right address!

We've spoken to the mail delivery lady and the postmistress about it, which basically got us no where. To boot the postmistress is not always the nicest person and DH got into it with her a few weeks ago about the same problem, which she essentially blamed us for!

I'm just wondering if anyone has had this experience or has suggestions - maybe there's some obscure postal regulation that says it's okay for them to do this. LOL You never know. I'm also going to look into the hierarchy of supervisors in our area since the lady here was so rude and of no help whatsoever. *sigh*

Comments (6)