SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kskaren_gw

Question about comparing mail order sites

kskaren
13 years ago

I am going through my wish list (which is just about everything at this stage of the journey!âº) and placing a few orders. I'm trying to get in on as many specials as possible to make it a bit easier on the budget.

I was all set with an order for Bridgewood Gardens, since they have a 20% off $200 special going right now. But then I checked out AAHostas and found their prices to be significantly lower--up to $5 less for the same hosta--even though they don't have too much on sale (though they do have Empress Wu 25% off, and that is definitely on my list!).

Before the question, here's some background info: Our daughter is getting married in September in our yard. We still have large areas of un-landscaped beds, since we just completed 2 terraced retaining walls in the back yard. I need loads of plants, but I also know that even though I'll plant tons of stuff there this year, it won't be very "wow"-ish in just a few months. However, I would like to get the largest plants I can get for the lowest price (wouldn't everyone???)

I ordered from Bridgewood's Ugly Plant Sale in the fall, and was very happy with the plants I received for the price. I haven't ordered from AAHostas yet. So here's my question, knowing what you know, which company would you go with? Which company typically sends the largest plants? If this shouldn't be part of my criteria at all, then what would your advice be?

I plan to visit an amish nursery in the spring to fill in all of the bare spots with impatiens, coleus, and other annuals so it won't look quite so nekkid, but I appreciate your advice on how to go from 0-10 in just one growing season! Thanks in advance for your help!

Karen

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations