Seriously??? Lazy cook story
4 days ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (15)
Related Discussions
Any Funny or Odd Christmas Cooking Stories?
Comments (21)LOL..I am loving these stories! It's True Confession time. :-) As a young bride I decided to try to make gazpacho as one of the courses for a small family dinner party we were having. I thought a clove of garlic was the whole bulb. You can probably guess the rest. LOL The worst part was watching our family choking down the soup and pretending it was good so as not to hurt my feelings. As soon as I took the first sip, I stood up and removed every bowl. ACK! The second story came from a friend, also a young bride at the time, who was cooking dinner for her new in-laws. The recipe called for chopped green peppers. She kept slicing bell peppers and then tossing them into the garbage. Her MIL came over and asked what was wrong. My friend said, "There's something wrong with these peppers. I keep slicing them and there's nothing inside, just some seeds. I think they are rotten.". :-) Somehow her MIL kept a straight face through this conversation. LOL Marilyn...See MoreLOL, Ever Want To Just Run Away? Seriously
Comments (35)Hi Creek, I just stopped by to lurk and try to catch up on my friends. Haven't been here in sooo long. I'm glad I saw this. Your post brought back so many memories of trying to help Daddy take care of Mama who had alzheimers. He had a major stroke after my 6 siblings refused to help him and gave him no choice but insisted he put her in a nursing home. I was working full-time (had to- ex had left me DEEPLY in debt), had just married a man with 6 kids still at home, and spent the first 2 years of my new marriage running from work to 2 separate nursing homes trying to see that they each at least got fed ONE meal a day. Daddy had swallowing issues after his stroke. My heart broke DAILY. DH said, "Go- I will be here when you get back and I'm supporting you in any way I can." I've walked a mile in your shoes. I prayed for you before I started typing and will keep praying for you. Forget about the siblings. They will only add to your stress. Act like an only child and don't count on any help from them. Mamma and Daddy died within 18 months of each other and I still miss them terribly after 12 years. But, they are in a better place and I will see them again. The most important advice I can give you in hindsight is: Spend as much time with your parents as you can right now while you still have them. You won't regret it. And pray for strength and endurance. God Bless you, Betty PS- After reading everyone's encouragement, I was reminded why I love y'all so much even when I don't get to come by often. Karen, I'm painting that on my kitchen wall!...See MoreSeriously, what do I do about this DARN cat?
Comments (47)I had a problem with a cat using the corner of the living room for a litter box. After replacing the carpet and installing hardwood, I thought the problem was solved. But no. I heard some scratching noise on the hardwood and went to investigate and found a rather unpleasant pile. What I found to solve the problem is called SSSCat. It is about the size of a hairspray can and the top contains a motion sensor. When the cat walks by it blasts a spray of air. I put one in each of the 2 corners the offenses were occurring. One blast was all it took. That cat will not set foot in the room again. you can use it on counters, furniture, rooms you want to keep the cat out of. I wish I knew about this when I still had some nice Christmas ornaments :( Here is the product description: Product Description Scat the gentle way to protect off-limit areas. Stop cats from roaming freely throughout the house. This unique spray deterrent system uses an adjustable motion sensor to detect a cat's movement within three feet of a designated area. Once the cat has been identified, the system is capable of delivering either an audible warning or combining tone and a burst of compressed air. Package includes motion sensor device, adjustable spray nozzle, compressed air spray and instruction guide. You can buy it online at Petco or Amazon. I wish I had known about this years ago !!!!!...See MoreOK, seriously - HOW do you clean wood (or faux wood) blinds?
Comments (45)figured I would bring this post back to life since I am now in need of cleaning my faux wooden blinds lol! in response to the last persons post re: using Windex, do not use Windex wipes. not sure about the spray but i happen to have a pack of windex wipes next to me and it says not for use on any wood type surfaces. pledge makes good wipes for that but you would prob need a few packages if your blinds were reallyyy dirty. anyway i am going to try dawn soap with warm water since mine are filthy! i had a small fire me in my room last summer and the insurance company had someone come in to clean the walls, blinds Etc and only bc i had to take my bounds down to fix a broken tilt cord, i just now noticed how horribly they "cleaned" them. (see picture reference) so ill post the before pictures now and after pictures once im done. in the pics im attaching now show how bad the back side of the blinds were that dont face towards me vs the 3rdnpic which is what i usually have them set to..ugh! at least 8 only have 1 side to really scrub at vs dusting the other cleaner side lol!...See More- 4 days agolast modified: 3 days ago
- yesterday
- 19 hours ago
- 2 hours ago
- 2 hours ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN MAKEOVERSKitchen of the Week: Ready for Some Serious Cooking
Restaurant owners remodel and open up their kitchen and living spaces for entertaining
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen of the Week: Elegant Updates for a Serious Cook
High-end appliances and finishes, and a more open layout, give a home chef in California everything she needs
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNSoapstone Counters: A Love Story
Love means accepting — maybe even celebrating — imperfections. See if soapstone’s assets and imperfections will work for you
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
LIFEIs Cabin Fever Real? Share Your Story
Are snow piles across the U.S. leading to masses of irritability and boredom? We want to hear your experience
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Curiosities Tell a Story
An interiors stylist uses her house as a 3D timeline of her tales and travels
Full Story
RUSTIC STYLEA Quirky Country Kitchen With a Story to Tell
Creative thinking goes a long way in this kitchen packed with love for family and old treasures
Full Story
ARCHITECTURETell a Story With Design for a More Meaningful Home
Go beyond a home's bones to find the narrative at its heart, for a more rewarding experience
Full Story
DREAM SPACES20 Dream Home Ideas From This Week’s Stories
Let’s play a little make-believe and imagine a home in which the sky’s the limit
Full Story
LIFEGive Your Home a History by Telling Your Story
Share your family's epic saga — or even just kiddie doodles — for a home that's personal, meaningful and inspiring
Full Story
porkchop_z5b_MI