Having fun, anywhere
2 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 2 months ago
- 2 months ago
Related Discussions
Dirty Knees Garden Club of Texas...fun fun fun
Comments (2)Hi Carol Ann, Your club sounds exciting and fun, is it open to folks living in Carrollton too? I would love to join, please let me know ok, thanks! Marci...See MoreLOVE This Headboard; Have You Seen One Similar Anywhere???
Comments (25)Ohhhh, I love every one of them! I spent a lot of time yesterday checking them all out and, sadly, they aren't going to work for me no matter how much I love them. They're either more than I want to spend, too pricey to have shipped here to New Mexico or to Oklahoma, already sold or for pick up only. So, moved on to Plan B: Compromise. I headed back out to other shops in my area this morning and found a compromise headboard for only $30. It's wicker instead of wood. While it's feminine, it doesn't have the beautiful detailing that the above headboards have. I bought it because it's clean and in great shape, the tall height will work really well with Emily's PBT bedding and many pillows . . . and I can spray paint it black for just a few dollars more. I'd found this inspiration pic, which gave me the idea that her many pillows might look best up against a taller, plainer, black headboard. Here's that pic: Here's her PBT(Pottery Barn Teen) comforter and sheet set, although DD now has a black netted bedskirt with hers: And here's my $30 bargain headboard, now waiting to be painted: It's propped up against her new (old) slant front desk, that will also be painted this Summer while she's home here. Oakley: last month she actually bought a dresser, nightstand and mirror at a consignment shop near the university. But she's not been able to find a decent desk or headboard she liked. I'm personally not crazy about the color of them or the minimal storage area of the dresser, but she loves them and it's her life and her room. Pics below: Being that she's inherited my decorating obsession (LOL), she already has a number of lamps and artwork for the walls, which also lean towards Tropical. Her new 32" tall mirror which she'll also be painting black: And her PBT curtains in Pool, will work well in her new place: I'll post After pics, but not until everything has been painted, transported to her new place in Norman and set up . . . which will be in late-July. In the mean time, thank you all for your time, efforts and ideas. I really appreciate it! Lynn...See MoreHave you seen these glasses anywhere?
Comments (9)Annac54, thank you for the Home Goods suggestion. lascatx - I know exactly what you mean! Oh why don't they keep making the same glass.... Have you looked at Replacements for either of your sets? You might find one or both :) carolmka - Thanks, I did try, but couldn't find the same one. Onedogedie - Thank you so much!! I have signed up to be alerted when they get back in stock. I too was inspired by the cucumber recipe (I'll track down and post next, from the Perrier website). I'd like to have some non-alcoholic fun drinks in my repertoire. Hi cal_quail - I like those! I'm still hoping for just one set. I need to bite the bullet and actually contact (gasp) the company from whom I bought them in the first place!! Perrier Cucumber Drink Recipe follows (linked with pictures, too). I didn't quite understand the reference to gelatin, would that be the knox gelatin I haven't used in years? For this, a straw, a knife, a little imagination and lots of Perrier bubbles are enough to create a flavour-enhancing technique, with the addition of a few ingredients for an overall balance of flavour. Preparation Step 1: Remove the ends of the cucumber and stand it vertically, holding it steady on a chopping board. A mini cucumber is easier to manipulate. Run a test tube along the centre of the cucumber and push through the whole length to remove seeds. Discard the center which can be used to make other cocktails. Step 2: This technique will allow you to create a cucumber spiral using the blade of a knife. Reposition the test tube in the hollow formed in the centre of the cucumber. Carefully cut the cucumber around the test tube by turning the cucumber in the hand without moving the blade of the knife. Cut steadily to obtain a lovely cucumber coil. Step 3: Place the cucumber coil vertically at the bottom of a tumbler glass and stick it down with a few drops of gelatin. Sticking it to the gelatin is important as it will prevent the powerful Perrier bubbles from causing the coil to float in the glass. Step 4: Delicately uncoil the cucumber spiral inside the glass ensuring the bottom of the structure does not become unstuck. Hold the coil in place using a pick stuck into a cucumber ball fixed to the top of the glass. Step 5: In a mixing glass, place a lemon zest, a lime zest and an orange zest. Add the cold green tea and stir with a spoon for 15 seconds. Add the chilled Perrier and stir again for 5 seconds. Filter the mixture pouring directly onto the cucumber coil. Place a straw in the middle of the spiral and present with the Perrier bottle. Here is a link that might be useful: Perrier D-Tox...See MoreAnyone not going anywhere or having guests for T-Day?
Comments (36)I'm not planning anything. tomorrow, I get cataract surgery in my left eye and 2 weeks later, the same in the right eye. There is weight lifting and bending over restrictions until the eyes heal. There;s a problem with staying leagal to drive during this period. After surgery, the eye will focus at infinity and it appears that most of the astigmatism will be gone, This means that immediately after surgery, my current prescription lens will be incorrect, but I need to wear something to protect the eye. I picked up a plain lens and can change out the lens for the left eye. I won't be able to get new glasses until the eyes heal and settle down and then new measurements will be made. If all goes well, the new prescription will have little correction in the main lens and there will be a bifocal for reading. However, that will not take place until after at least 4 weeks after the last surgery....See More- 2 months ago
Related Stories

FARM YOUR YARDHello, Honey: Beekeeping Anywhere for Fun, Food and Good Deeds
We need pollinators, and they increasingly need us too. Here, why and how to be a bee friend
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGBe a Citizen Scientist to Help Wildlife, Learn and Have Fun Too
Track butterflies, study birds, capture stars ... when you aid monitoring efforts, you’re lending Mother Nature a hand
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ11 Ways to Have More Fun at Home
Every house needs a touch of humor — a funny sign or an accessory that always makes you smile. Here’s where to begin
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHow to Have a Little More Fun With Your Decor
Quirky and unexpected details and accessories will raise your decorating game in 2015
Full Story
BUDGET DECORATING14 Ways to Make More Money at a Yard Sale — and Have Fun Too
Maximize profits and have a ball selling your old stuff, with these tips to help you plan, advertise and style your yard sale effectively
Full Story
HOUSEPLANTS7 DIY Projects That Have Fun With Houseplants
Go beyond the ordinary when you add a touch of green to your interiors
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Having Fun With a Half-Buried House
Layers of dirt help create energy efficiency and an unusual look on a steep slope in Washington state
Full Story
SHELTERING AT HOME9 Ways to Have Fun at Home While Socially Distancing
Throw a (virtual) party, get your hands in the dirt, tackle an organizing project or explore a creative pursuit
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHow to Have a Fun and Festive Holiday This Year
Make staying at home feel special this Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s and more
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations


OutsidePlaying