Corned beef and Cabbage? Yea or Nay?
7 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (92)
Related Discussions
Potatoes for Corned Beef Hash?
Comments (8)oh yea! I inspired! :-) I had actually never made it before either Jane. I found this recipe online and it sounded like what I was looking for. Since hubby was gone for St. Patty's day, I had LOTS of leftovers and I used my potatoes that had cooked with the corned beef and cabbage. Also the broth from the slow cooker. So my potatoes had been boiled in the broth. (I admit that while my eggs LOOKED pretty, they were a little too done - so if you do the indentations, make sure you don't let the yolks get over cooked. ) Stacy :-) Corned Beef Hash A Favorite Restaurant Breakfast Recipe Preparation time: 10 minutes. Serves 4. Cooking Conversion Table Ingredients:  2-3 cups corned beef, chopped or minced  2-3 medium potatoes  1/2 cup chopped onion or to taste (use green onion if you prefer)  1 tablespoon butter  2 tablespoons minced parsley  1/4 cup to 1/3 cup heavy cream or broth from cooking corned beef (enough to moisten)  2 tablespoons melted butter  Salt and Pepper to taste  Dash of paprika (optional)  1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional) Instructions:  Boil the potatoes with skins on in the corned beef broth until tender or bake in oven until soft  Remove from broth or oven and let stand until cool enough to handle  Skin potatoes and crumble into the minced or chopped corned beef (in a bowl)  Preheat oven to 450 degrees F  Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over low heat and saute the onions and parsley until the onions are soft  Add potato and meat mixture, seasonings, cream or broth (just enough to moisten) and salt and pepper and toss to combine well  Pour half the melted butter in a pie plate, pack in the corned beef hash mixture and drizzle the rest of the butter over the top  Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes  Remove has from oven and cut into four servings and plate (see note * below) Serve the hash with eggs and biscuits or toast. *One way to add eggs to the meal is to make 4 indentations in the top of the hash with a spoon before removing the hash from the pie plate. Break an egg into each indentation, salt and pepper the eggs and then return the hash-egg combination to the oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are set (done). Remove the pie plate from the oven, slice the meal into 4 wedges and serve garnished with parsley sprigs....See MorePot luck dinners............
Comments (31)I usually prepare some appetizers and dessert. One of the recipies I do often is Onion Pakora. Try and let me know. I love pot lucks ..you can eat a variety of food and the best part is you need not prepare them all ;) lol! Ingredients: 2 tsp Ghee 1 pinch of Baking soda 1 cup of Bengal gram flour (besan) 1/2 cup of Rice flour 2 or 3 finely chopped onions (lengthwise) 2 Green chilies -- finely chopped 1 tsp Chili powder few cashew nuts/Ground nuts 1 cup of Cilantro (coriander) finely chopped 2 strands of Curry leaves Salt -- to taste Water -- as required Oil -- for deep-frying How to prepare: Place 2 tsp. ghee and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Rub together until frothy. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well, using sufficient water to make a thick batter. Leave it to rest for 15 mts. Heat oil in a heavy frying pan. Make small balls from the batter and drop them into the oil . Fry the pakoras until golden in color. When cooked, drain the excess oil on a sheet of brown paper or paper towels. Serve hot with chutney. This dish goes well with Mint chutney. You can also eat them without any side dish. Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes...See More1954 Cookbook review
Comments (33)Tigereye, I’m old, too. I ate plenty of Campbell’s soup growing up and fed it to my kids in the days before ingredients were listed on labels. Now I choose to avoid high fructose corn syrup and pears floating in sugar syrup. However, if that’s what floats your boat, you go for it. Maybe you’ll outlive me or maybe I’ll live as long as my mother. She’s 102. Sorry you got your panties in a twist over canned soup....See MoreFloof- Store bought soup nay and yay
Comments (81)I made lentil soup yesterday for dinner and served it with tortilla chips. I do not use broth to make lentil soup (as I said earlier), but I do add a couple of teaspoons of Knorr Chicken Bouillon instead of adding salt. I could use salt instead, but the bouillon gives it a richer flavor, although it is an extremely minor component to the flavor. The soup I made also had dehydrated carrots (I don't use enough fresh carrots to keep them on hand, except when I make cole slaw), potatoes, celery, half of a chile de árbol, a can of Ro⭑Tel Tomatoes, half an onion, a couple of garlic cloves, a tablespoon of oregano and thyme, 1-1/3 cups dried lentils, some olive oil, and enough water for cooking. If I had used homemade chicken broth instead of water, I would not have been able to tell an appreciable difference. If it had been potato soup, it would have been a completely different matter. When I make split pea soup, it has very few ingredients, and so the broth does make a difference, since I do not add ham or any meat to it....See More- 6 months ago
Related Stories

MOST POPULARModern Party Etiquette for Hosts and Guests
Learn the mannerly way to handle invitations, gifts and even mishaps for a party that's memorable for the right reasons
Full StorySponsored
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH




floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK