OT........see a penny , pick it up.......
last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
- last year
- last year
Related Discussions
Pick'in up the Bill's......(Pic's)
Comments (33)Don't you just love IP? It really bloomed a lot for a brand new one in my garden. I loved it!! I've got a pod set on it by JTD I think.....anyway, it should be an interesting cross. I really want to get those Munson genetics going with some of the newer dl's. I don't think even the tip of the iceberg has been touched with the possiblilities that are there, using the Munsons. :) Thanks for posting IP, it's a beauty!!! You captured it magnificently too. Jan...See MoreLook who I picked up in TJ Maxx...
Comments (7)He's great! I looked for a little man and all I could find was bears holding shamrocks. I stopped by Joanns and Big Lots tonight after a meeting and they were both almost out of St. Patrick's stuff! I was shocked and now have to look quickly. I am in a St. Pat's swap on another board and we don't get partners until Monday. I guess I will go ahead and buy tomorrow, so I don't have to scrounge for things for this....See Morejc penny - moss, vintage gold, sage..pics anyone
Comments (52)Firt off, how wide is your window? I have an 8' wide window in my LR that I had custom drapes made by Calico Corners and a custom measure--paid way too much for them, but learned a lot in the process. They stack back fully on each side. I just measured and the stack is about 22" per side which I think looks about right, though at the base they fan out a bit since they are really full. They are fully operable, pinch pleats. Here they are just after installation: As you can see they are designed to stack back to the sides of the window--even behind the window trim, though in my dining room there was less room on the sides to accomodate the rod, so the stack only cleared the sides of the window (not the trim): Note they are also installed closer to the ceiling as they ceilings are 8' and I wanted to raise the eye. See the little silver things on the rod? Those are supports which I still need to paint the covers. Mine are that way as it's a traverse rod that I can fully open/close contrasting with fivefootzero's wooden supports (she has two). With the wooden ones you cannot pull the drape beyond the support, hence you have very important decision to make do you want privacy or not? You can still get privacy without going custom, but your response will help me better frame what to say next. Stationary panels are just that--they are dressed in attractive folds and left that way. You may be able to ope/close them, but they don't have that same look you see in the pics unless you "dress" them. Pinch pleated drapery are meant to open/close and the folds fall naturally withoout any "dressing." If you just want to do stationary panels with a really wide window some elect to install two shorter rods to either side of the window (there is an example above) instead of seeing the really long rod dividing the space. If you opt for stationary panels, I think this could be a good look for you. HTH...See MoreCould anyone share any thoughts about this vintage dresser I picked up
Comments (23)Use a tooth brush and a good stripper. Don't go for a "safe" stripper....go for one that does the job so you don't have to sand lead paint. And never EVER use a belt sander on anything unless you are VERY V*E*R*Y experienced.....I have seen people who work wood for a living make a mess with a belt sander. And yes, lead is a real issue but the world is full of people like me who has stripped many many items and never worried about what kind of paint, who grew up in a house painted with white lead paint....and helped her father paint the fence with that same white lead, lived in a major metropolitan area where the air was full of the fumes from leaded gas. Grew up always letting the water run until it was cold because the house had lead soldered pipes.....and I don't let have brain damage nor kidney damage and the only time I have been anemic was a week after my first child was born. Not to Pooh-pooh the dangers of lead but unless your children are eating paint chips from the window sill and forgetting to let the water run through the lead soldered pipes, I don't think casual exposure is a big concern. But....Don't sand off the paint!! use a stripper! LOL1...See More- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
Related Stories

BATHROOM DESIGNSee the Clever Tricks That Opened Up This Master Bathroom
A recessed toilet paper holder and cabinets, diagonal large-format tiles, frameless glass and more helped maximize every inch of the space
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREHouse-Hunting Help: If You Could Pick Your Home Style ...
Love an open layout? Steer clear of Victorians. Hate stairs? Sidle up to a ranch. Whatever home you're looking for, this guide can help
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Tools and Accessories for Inspired Spring Cleaning
You'll be happy to roll up your sleeves and get to work cleaning around the home with these accoutrements at the ready
Full Story
RUGSGuest Picks: Fresh, Modern Rugs
Pep up a space with one of these 20 high-impact area rugs
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNAiry Bathrooms See the Light
A breezy bathroom can be a revelation. These 8 ideas will help you lighten up yours in surprising ways
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Put a Cork in It
Buoyant, fire-resistant cork is popping up everywhere these days. Check it out on furnishings, finishes, accessories and more
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Create a Home Art Center for Kids
Motivate little ones to create with tools and accessories for inspiring, making and organizing art at home
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Versatile Furnishings to Make the Move With You
These big-ticket items and accessories will always look good, no matter how many times you change homes
Full Story

LIFEHouzz Call: Show Us the House You Grew Up In
Share a photo and story about your childhood home. Does it influence your design tastes today?
Full StorySponsored

yoyobon_gwOriginal Author