December: what we're reading this last month of 2024
last year
last modified: last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (38)
- last year
- last year
Related Discussions
What are you reading? April 2024 Edition
Comments (72)Well I'm certainly not going to read it, but this review of Danielle Steele's latest is hilarious: https://wapo.st/3Jz3HZB. A sample: I experienced déjà vu so often while reading “Only the Brave” that I worried I was losing my mind and then began to hope so. Typical example: On Page 110, Steel writes, “Hitler’s generals, led by Göring, were preparing the Final Solution, to eradicate all Jews from the face of the earth.” On the facing page, we’re told, “The Führer and his generals were obsessed with this plan, called ‘the Final Solution,’ to obliterate all Jews from the planet.” This is the kind of book you can read while watching TV. Or operating heavy equipment....See MoreWhat are you reading? Nov. 2024 Edition
Comments (38)Sometimes I just like a title. On the reading paradise forum, someone mentioned Sarah Canary. I reserved it from the library and read it. Initially, it was really confusing and not pulling me in. After about 40 or 50 pages though, it got really good. It was very well written, and had lots of humor in it but was just very different book. I just finished it and I think I'd give it 4 stars. When I went back to find the post that mentioned it, it was a books that I could not finish thread. The poster had mentioned it was her favorite book ( and she has it as auser name) but several others had tried it and did not finish! Anyway, I enjoyed it. It reminds me a little bit of Confederacy of Dunces which I did enjoy but was all over the place. This book was a bit less work, but similar adventure. Editing to add, I just saw on goodreads that the author, Karen Joy Fowler, wrote The Jane Austen Book Club. I think that was pretty popular, though I never read it....See MoreWhat to Wear: December 2024
Comments (265)Just wanted to share what I ended up wearing to The Nutcracker ballet with a group of ladies. Our Mountain West region tends towards casual attire everywhere so it was fun to take an opportunity to get a little fancy. (Note that these are photos of the items not me.) French Connection Viven Dress As you can see in the picture, the mesh is fairly subtle, especially at the waist. Life Stride Georgia Ankle Booties I am so pleased with how comfortable these booties were for someone who hasn't been wearing heels in quite a while. They worked so well with the dress and my feet were comfortable and warm when we were walking around downtown. JCrew Lady Day Coat I ended up keeping the JCrew coat. The warmth was great and it felt quite classy compared with the other coat I was considering. I also tend to wear very minimal makeup (just mascara) on a day to day basis. It's been years since I've done anything more but opted to wear some Laura Mercier eyeshadow and Laura Mercier stick gloss. I also wore some vintage styled drop earrings from Anthropologie....See MoreIt's December 2024. How's Your Build Going?
Comments (42)It’s been a while since I’ve updated. Masons are still putting up stone, my outside guy got the dormers just about done on the house, tile is completed, hvac just finished YESTERDAY. My husband completed the crawlspace with this special crawlspace tarp and he’s wiring up the dehumidifier now. Garage doors have been ordered and due to arrive next week, so I’m assuming a new year install. We decided to keep the interior doors they sent us that were wrong. They were half price and I was trying to make save some money where I could. I’m glad I did (today at least haha) because a month and a half later, my interior trim guy finally returned and hung the first doors. They look good. They’re solid wood and heavy when you open and close them. We got a heck of a deal on them. We broke ground 2 years and 4 months ago. The painter has given up setting a date to come and do have I. Haha. Was suppose to come Nov 1, then again Jan 1 . My interior trim guy won’t come and stay long enough to make that happen....See More- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
Related Stories

LIFEWhat You’re Reading This Summer — and Where
Check out Houzzers’ summer reading lists and get some ideas for your own!
Full Story
LIFEA Month-by-Month Guide to ‘Downton Abbey’ Withdrawal
Missing Lady Grantham’s zingers? Edith’s furrowed brow? Romance simmering downstairs? Here’s help to get you through until season 6
Full Story
CENTRAL PLAINS GARDENINGCentral Plains Gardener's December Checklist
Fall in love again as you discover your landscape anew, seeing it through the lens of winter and imagining the possibilities
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES10 Signs You’re in the Middle of a Renovation
A renovation project allows you to choose every last detail for your home, but decision making can quickly go from ‘Ooooh’ to ‘Argh!’
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSDecember Checklist for a Smooth-Running Home
It's time to add weather stripping, plan for holiday home safety, consider backup heating, check your emergency kits and more
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your December Home Checklist
Spruce up your home for days and nights spent indoors and close to home this holiday season
Full Story
WINTER GARDENINGYes, You Can Enjoy Your Yard in December! Here's How
Garden writers around the U.S. share their favorite winter garden joys. See what to do in your region this month
Full Story
EVENTS20 Furniture Trends to Watch for 2024
See subtle refreshes of enduring trends — plus fun design details — that stood out at the fall 2023 High Point Market
Full Story
EVENTSWhat’s New in Tile for 2024
See 5 trends in new tile collections that debuted at The International Surface Event trade show in Las Vegas
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSWhat’s New in Tile for 2024
See 5 trends in new tile collections that debuted at The International Surface Event trade show in Las Vegas
Full Story
ginny12