SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oceanview53

Help with paint undertones

Kathy Stuart
13 days ago

So, I want to choose a new paint colour for kitchen, and need help in choosing correct undertones. I am searching many green gray greige, and my fixed elements are orange toned woods, log beams/posts, birch flooring and pine ceilings. Should I avoid the purple undertones and or the peachy undertones. Example Shoji white looks very peachy on sample board, some grays look too dark & blue I.e. Wordly gray SW. Innukshuk cast very pink looking to me but LRV might be correct around 64. I’m considering Edgecomb Gray or Ballet White or Fog Mist, but grays are not as popular. In photo Edgecomb gray is left side and Ballet white below clock. Do I need to go more into the beige end of things? I can’t do much about lighting, they are warm led’s. Room doesn’t get a lot of sunlight. Windows face south and west. Want to lighten the space, I’m looking at LRV’s in the 70’s but maybe the room needs a hint of more colour…if so what??? Cabinets dark almost black , countertops granite off white with specs of gray beige black some brownish gold threads. I’ve included photo of bathroom with Edgecomb Gray for reference lights on and off.

Comments (6)