SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarah_jensen15

Off-white paint shows blue-green undertones - Help with Plan B.

Sarah Jensen
2 years ago

We a painting a house recently bought and had picked Wind’s breath for the hallways, kitchen, living room, and family room hoping for warm off-white without too much yellow but some contract with our trim which varies around the house between BM plain white and BM Navajo. I liked the result in the hallways and said to go ahead with the other rooms, but I am not liking it right now after one coat. To me, the living room, in particular, is looking blueish-green. That room used to be pink and I don’t know if that can have anything buy I don't think an extra coat of Wind's breath will do the trick. I am therefore looking to implement a Plan B. Any suggestions for a warm or cream white that won't show blue or green undertones? I am leaning towards playing it safe and thinking something like BM White Dove or Swiss Coffee. We also like BM Lime White, but now I worry can that may turn out too.

This is is the living room and family room both of which have gotten only one coat of Wind's Breath so far:

This is the Hallway with two coats of WInd's Breath:

This is the kind of look I was aiming for

Any advise will be mos appreciated.

Comments (2)