SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leah_steele16

Eliminate a bathroom?

Leah Steele
16 days ago
last modified: 16 days ago

Our house has 4.5 bathrooms. 2 en suites, a common bathroom that services the kids' bedrooms, and a powder room in the hallway on the main floor. It also, oddly enough, has a full bath with shower directly off the kitchen. Like the door opens right by the fridge.
We use it like a half bath but have never once used the shower since moving in years ago.
The wall opposite this bathroom is a laundry room, so both these small rooms open into the kitchen.I want to move washer/dryer into the current bathroom, put in a large utility sink, and eliminate the toilet and shower, making the current laundry a walk-in pantry. The current 80's style, bifold reach-in pantry would turn into an upper and lower with countertop like a butler's pantry area.
My husband insists it's crazy to remove a bathroom from a house and wants to at least keep the toilet, making it a second half bath.I say it's weird to have a bathroom off a kitchen anyway, we already have a powder room conveniently located in the house, and the next person would probably rather have a walk-in pantry than a weird bathroom they never knew was there.
I know that's a long one, but what say you?

Comments (6)