SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janeejones

Red Alert! Rug advice please or any advice really?

janeejones
last month

I am not sure what to do colorwise for rugs, pillows, coffee table, etc. to complete this room. I feel like it might be a complementary color scheme with the greyish blue and the rusty red. I hesitate to put more of either color in the room, but the rug samples i have tried just don't seem to pull it together. The wood tones are a caramel brown. The red floors are throughout the house.

The living room (pictured) has white walls and reclaimed wood beams. The house is kind of a pacific coast, mid-century arts and craft vibe, custom woodwork and reclaimed wood throughout. The are four posts which are 11½ feet apart; the sofas are 80 inches and are from Room and Board. They are in a silver/fog color so just a tint of blue in them. The previous owners left them (and a lot of other items) in the house. They have modern lines and are like new so I want to keep them and save some money. The fireplace is a big focal point and I have ordered two swivel chairs in a greyish blue chenille similar to the river rock used in it. They will be across from the fireplace. The perimeter of the room has a built in window bench and the cushion are in a caramel brown color.

Thank you!

I

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations