SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dsd2682

Red Eden, Pink Eden Any Advice?

SoFL Rose z10
6 years ago

Hi All,

I have the famous Eden climbing rose in my garden and it has been an excellent grower, very disease resistant and impressive on its own roots in terms of growth, HOWEVER, mine never blooms. I got maybe 3-4 blooms in the spring time last year and even less the years before. I have been told countless times that this is a rose worth waiting for and that it will take a few years to start producing blooms. Mine is on its 4th year now in my garden and I swear this is its last chance! I just hate to have invested so much time in rose and not get the payoff.

I'm wondering if anyone has had better luck with blooming power on Red Eden or Pink Eden.

Do both varieties have the same health and vigor as the original Eden? I know the reality is neither rose is actually related to the original Eden, they are not sports or even bred from the original Eden, they were just given the Eden name (probably for more sales) because of similarities in growth and bloom form, while having different coloring.

Anyone have luck with any of the two Eden "brother/sister" roses? I'll replace my eden with one of the other varieties if they are better bloomers, but they must be just as healthy and vigorous or they wont do well here.

Comments (24)